REAS (Real Estate Association of Spain)
Chestertons affinity are proud to be one of the founding members of the Real Estate regulatory body, REAS (Real Estate Association of Spain). Formed during December 2014, REAS aims to regulate the southern coast's Real Estate industry with all members needing to meet a strict qualifying criteria giving you the consumer, rights and guarantees when making your property purchase (or sale) in Spain.
All accredited members must fit the following criteria:
1) The company must have a physical office located in Spain.
2) The company must have a minimum of two years active trading within the Spanish property market.
3) The Senior management must have a minimum of three years experience within the Spanish property market.
4) The company must comply with the strict REAS code of conduct and professional standards.
5) The applicant must provide a certificate, duly certified by the company accountant, stating that all taxes and fees liable to all authorities are up to date and current for the present tax year.
6) The company must comply with the Law of Prevention of Money Laundering Act.
7) The company must be fully compliant with all Data Protection laws.
So how does this affect you, a potential property buyer (or vendor) in Spain?
The logo showing REAS membership is a reminder to you, the consumer, that your Real Estate agent must follow professional standards and act with honesty, integrity and complete transparency. All members of REAS are required to abide by the Code of Conduct and Professional Standards, thereby conducting business in a manner that will uphold and enhance the reputation of the Spanish Real Estate profession.
As both a buyer or seller of property in Spain, choosing a REAS regulated agency ensures that you are working with a respected agency who will follow a strict code of conduct, and someone that will give you honest and truthful information during your buying/selling experience.
Chestertons affinity are one of Spain's largest and well respected agencies, with just under 80 offices located around the world. We are also a fully approved member of the AIPP ensuring that you, the consumer, receive a professional and honest service at all times.
Both the REAS and AIPP are 'opt in' regulators, meaning that any agent joining agrees to abide by strict rules and above all act in the interest of their clients' needs.
Remember, look for the REAS logo before choosing your agent!